Our Parish continues to implement the Diocesan Policy on Child Safeguarding and Protection.
The Policy and related procedures are implemented by the various Parish Groups who deal with children and vulnerable adults.
The Policy Statement is prominently displayed at all the entrances to the Church and the Parish Centre, along with useful phone numbers for anyone who has concerns.
The Archdiocese of Dublin and the Parish of the Divine Word, Marley Grange, value and encourage the participation of children and young people in parish liturgies and in Diocesan activities in order to enhance their spiritual, physical, emotional, intellectual and social development. We recognise the dignity and rights of all children and are committed to ensuring their protection from all forms of abuse.
This is a commitment binding on all priests and on those who work in our Diocesan offices and agencies, and in our parishes. It extends to all the many and varied ways that children share in the life of the Church in our Diocese.
- The Director of the Diocesan Child Safeguarding and Protection Service and Designated Person is MR. ANDREW FAGAN who may be contacted at (01) 836 0314.
- The Deputy Designated Person is Sinead McDonnell who may be contacted at the same number.
- The Director (or Deputy) will receive all allegations of abuse and will ensure that they are dealt with appropriately.
For complete information on the Archdiocese of Dublin Child Safeguarding and Protection Service go to: dublindiocese.ie
- An Garda Siochana, Rathfarnham Station: (01) 666 6500
- The Child Protection Duty Social Worker/Child Care Manager of the Health Service Executive : (01) 415 4700
The Parish Child Safeguarding Representatives are:
- FRANK O’DONNELL – Mobile No: 087 050 5712
- PHIL O’NEILL – Mobile No: 086 275 6231
Code of Conduct for Staff & Volunteers
Staff & Volunteers in the Archdiocese of Dublin are uniquely placed to act as positive role models to children and young people participating in Church activities. Such participation provides the opportunity to promote the development of self-confidence and enhance the wellbeing of the children & young people with whom we interact. This agreement serves to articulate the expectations of adult behaviour when working with children & young people in the Archdiocese of Dublin. It aims to provide confidence to children & young people, staff, volunteers, and parents that safeguarding children and young people is of paramount importance.
To uphold positive safeguarding practices all Staff & Volunteers in contact with children should:
· Treat all people with respect;
- · Provide children with good role models;
- · Operate within Church and State child safeguarding and protection principles and guidelines;
- · Be visible to others when working with children and young people;
- · Challenge and report abusive and potentially abusive behaviour;
- · Develop a culture where children and young people can talk openly, ask questions and express any worries or concerns they may have
- · Respect each child and young person’s boundaries;
- · Parish and diocesan workers and volunteers work in partnership with parents and guardians and share information with them.
Staff & volunteers must avoid actions and behaviour that could be construed as poor practice or potentially abusive. Therefore they should never:
- · Abuse a child or young person in any way;
- · Physically chastise a child or young person;
- · Develop a relationship with a particular child or young person that is exclusive of others;
- · Place a child or young person at risk of harm;
- · Speak to a child or young person or behave in a manner that is offensive, developmentally inappropriate or sexually provocative;
- · Do things of a personal nature for a child or young person that he or she can do for him/herself;
- · Condone unacceptable behaviour in a child or young person;
- · Discriminate against any individual or group;
- · Ask a child or young person to keep a secret.
Safeguarding Policy Agreement
I confirm that I have read and understood the expected Code of Conduct for Staff and Volunteers working with children in the Archdiocese of Dublin. I agree to abide by and adopt these standards in all aspects of my work with the Archdiocese of Dublin.