Our Parish continues to implement the Diocesan Policy on Child Safeguarding and Protection.
The Policy and related procedures are implemented by the various Parish Groups who deal with children and vulnerable adults.
The Policy Statement is prominently displayed at all the entrances to the Church and the Parish Centre, along with useful phone numbers for anyone who has concerns.
The Archdiocese of Dublin and the Parish of the Divine Word, Marley Grange, value and encourage the participation of children and young people in parish liturgies and in Diocesan activities in order to enhance their spiritual, physical, emotional, intellectual and social development. We recognise the dignity and rights of all children and are committed to ensuring their protection from all forms of abuse.
This is a commitment binding on all priests and on those who work in our Diocesan offices and agencies, and in our parishes. It extends to all the many and varied ways that children share in the life of the Church in our Diocese.
- The Director of the Diocesan Child Safeguarding and Protection Service and Designated Person is MR. ANDREW FAGAN who may be contacted at (01) 836 0314.
- The Deputy Designated Person is Sinead McDonnell who may be contacted at the same number.
- The Director (or Deputy) will receive all allegations of abuse and will ensure that they are dealt with appropriately.
For complete information on the Archdiocese of Dublin Child Safeguarding and Protection Service go to: dublindiocese.ie
- An Garda Siochana, Rathfarnham Station: (01) 666 6500
- The Child Protection Duty Social Worker/Child Care Manager of the Health Service Executive : (01) 415 4700
The Parish Child Safeguarding Representatives are:
- FRANK O’DONNELL – Mobile No: 087 050 5712
- PHIL O’NEILL – Mobile No: 086 275 6231